Current Affairs 12th August 2017 (updated)
Current Affairs 12th August 2017 (today). the below are the current affairs of 12th August of this year. For more current affairs on National, International and other current affairs in India stay updated to the current affairs pages in the Indi job alert. Current affairs today, GK today.
For more Current Affairs 12th August 2017 and Quizzes for the preparation of SBI PO & Clerk, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, RBI, Railways, Postal and other Competitive Exams. More Current affairs of June 2017, for competitive exams by experts, are available on IndiJobAlert.com. current affairs today Our Current Affairs June 2017 of the IndiJobAlert page covers various current affairs today sections of business & economy, banking & finance, Indian and International affairs, persons, defence, environment and many for competitive exams preparing aspirants.
Latest current affairs today
12th August 2017
- National Mission for Clean Ganga approves 10 projects
- 15th BIMSTEC Ministerial meeting begins in Kathmandu
- Venkaiah Naidu sworn in as Vice President of India
- Delhi will have the fastest growth of any city in Asia, with the economy to be almost 50 percent larger in 2021 than it was at the end of last year.
- A new set of future satellites called hyperspectral imaging satellites is set to add teeth to the way India is gleaned from about 600 km in space.
- The National Green Tribunal (NGT) on Thursday imposed an interim ban on use of non-biodegradable plastic bags which are less than 50 microns in the entire national capital.
- Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar flagged off mobile therapy vans which would provide basic medical assistance to elderly people, widows and other section who requires social security. The CM flagged off mobile therapy vans to launch “Buniyadi Sanjivani Sewa”
- Union minister Mahendra Nath Pandey launched a video of the National Anthem in sign language and said the government addressed the physically challenged as “divyang” and not “viklang” to ensure there was no distinction
- Sravanth Malla correctly spelt the word “Chytridiales,” defined as an order of simple, aquatic fungi of the phylum Chytridiomycota, during the 2017 South Asian Spelling Bee finals to clinch the title of national champion and take home a cash prize of $3,000.
- India and US to Co-host the Global Entrepreneurship Summit at Hyderabad
Banking and Business
- SoftBank Vision makes Big investment in Flipkart
- Markets regulator Sebi has introduced an online registration mechanism for custodians of securities to make it convenient for them to do business.
- Lok Sabha passes bill approving merger of associate banks with SBI
- Jet Airways said Vinay Dube has joined as its chief executive officer after receipt of all requisite government and regulatory approvals.
Sports and Entertainment
- Budding India shooter Shapath Bhardwaj, aged 15, has become the country’s youngest athlete to figure in the government’s Target Olympic Podium (TOP) scheme.
- Harmanpreet’s six named World Cup’s Play of the Tournament
- Davinder Singh Becomes 1st Indian To Qualify For Javelin Finals
- Debraj Shome awarded Indian of the Year at India Leadership Conclave
For more Current Affairs 12th August 2017 and Quizzes and current affairs India, current affairs of 2017, current affairs pdf download for the preparation of SBI PO & Clerk, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, RBI, Railways, Postal and other Competitive Exams. More current affairs today, Current affairs of June 2017, for competitive exams by experts, are available on IndiJobAlert.com. Our Current Affairs June 2017 and current affairs today of the IndiJobAlert page covers various sections of business & economy, banking & finance, Indian and International current affairs, persons, defence, environment and many for competitive exams preparing aspirants.