Current Affairs 12th September 2017 (updated)
Current Affairs 12th September 2017 (today). the below are the current affairs of 12th September of this year. For more current affairs on National, International and other current affairs in India stay updated to the current affairs pages in the Indi job alert. Current affairs today, GK today.
For more Current Affairs 12th September 2017 and Quizzes for the preparation of SBI PO & Clerk, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, RBI, Railways, Postal and other Competitive Exams. More Current affairs of June 2017, for competitive exams by experts, are available on IndiJobAlert.com. current affairs today Our Current Affairs June 2017 of the IndiJobAlert page covers various current affairs today sections of business & economy, banking & finance, Indian and International affairs, persons, defence, environment and many for competitive exams preparing aspirants.
Latest current affairs today
12th September 2017
- Union Government to host Smart City contest with 50 lakh as prize money
- Netaji statue unveiled at Naval base in Kolkata
- Second Indian Workers’ Resource Centre Inaugurated in UAE
- Karnataka stands at top among the states in the country in terms of manufacturing excellence, according to a study by industry chambers ASSOCHAM
- The government is planning a national “no-fly” list to keep unruly passengers off flights, junior civil aviation minister Jayant Sinha said on Saturday, defending a decision to revoke an air travel ban on controversial Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad
- The Financial Resolution and Deposit Insurance Bill, 2017 has been referred to a Joint Parliamentary Committee of both the Houses, under the Chairpersonship of Shri Bhupender Yadav
- Home Minister Naini Narasimha Reddy inaugurated the first water ATM that would dispense clean and safe drinking water in Hyderabad
- India and Afghanistan sign four pacts in areas of health and transport
- More than two years since the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) banned Nestle India Ltd’s Maggi instant noodles over health and safety worries, the new FSSAI CEO Pawan Kumar Agarwal inaugurated the Nestle Food Safety Institute that will provide guidance and training on food safety.
- The government has imposed a countervailing duty for 5 years on imports of certain flat steel products from China to guard domestic players from imports that are subsidised by exporting nations.
- The head of the Federal Emergency Management Agency said US officials were preparing a massive response to Hurricane Irma, which is set to hit Florida as early as Saturday.
- The Habib Bank Limited has on Monday announced its decision to wind up operations in New York following intimation from the state’s financial regulator that it seeks to impose a hefty penalty of nearly $630 million on the bank, it has been learnt.
Banking and Business
- State-run Bharat Petroleum Corporation(BPCL) is all set to become a Maharatna company. The oil marketing company is at present a Navratna firm.
- The Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Hybrid and Electric Vehicles (FAME)-India scheme is set to receive an extension of six months.
- Regulator SEBI imposed Rs 2,423 crore fine on PACL Ltd and its four directors for illegal fund mobilisation through various schemes that were used by the group to garner over Rs 49,000 crore from the public.
Sports and Entertainment
- Rafael Nadal won 2017 US Open title for his 16th Grand Slam Title
- Indian wrestler Sonam Malik won a gold medal in the 56kg category at the World Cadet Wrestling Championship in Athens, Greece. Among other Indians in the fray, Neelam settled for bronze in the 43kg category.
- India continued to be at the top of the ICC Test rankings but Australia slipped one rung to fifth in the latest list after drawing the away series against Bangladesh in Chittagong
For more Current Affairs 12th September 2017 and Quizzes and current affairs India, current affairs of 2017, current affairs pdf download for the preparation of SBI PO & Clerk, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, RBI, Railways, Postal and other Competitive Exams. More current affairs today, Current affairs of June 2017, for competitive exams by experts, are available on IndiJobAlert.com. Our Current Affairs June 2017 and current affairs today of the IndiJobAlert page covers various sections of business & economy, banking & finance, Indian and International current affairs, persons, defense, environment and many for competitive exams preparing aspirants.