Current Affairs 13th August 2017 (updated)
Current Affairs 13th August 2017 (today). the below are the current affairs of 13th August of this year. For more current affairs on National, International and other current affairs in India stay updated to the current affairs pages in the Indi job alert. Current affairs today, GK today.
For more Current Affairs 13th August 2017 and Quizzes for the preparation of SBI PO & Clerk, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, RBI, Railways, Postal and other Competitive Exams. More Current affairs of June 2017, for competitive exams by experts, are available on IndiJobAlert.com. current affairs today Our Current Affairs June 2017 of the IndiJobAlert page covers various current affairs today sections of business & economy, banking & finance, Indian and International affairs, persons, defence, environment and many for competitive exams preparing aspirants.
Latest current affairs today
13th August 2017
- Indian American Neil Chatterjee appointed to chair US energy commission
- Rajya Sabha passed the Banking Regulation Amendment Bill 2017
- From next month, your PF account will be transferred automatically when you change your job, chief provident fund commissioner V P Joy has said.
- The Fifteenth BIMSTEC Ministerial Meeting was convened in Kathmandu, Nepal on 10-11 August 2017.
- The Rajya Sabha passed the Banking Regulation (Amendment) Bill, 2017, which will enable the government to empower the RBI to direct lender banks to act against big loan defaulters.
- The Government of India has decided to launch a new sub-scheme named “Aajeevika Grameen Express Yojana (AGEY)” as part of the Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM).
- On 17 December 1999, the United Nations General Assembly endorsed the recommendation made by the World Conference of Ministers Responsible for Youth that 12 August be declared International Youth Day.
- Nabin Tan Mon Bikash Yojana launched
Banking and Business
- Canara Bank introduced two new digital services for online payments
- RBI to pay Rs 30,659 crore dividend to Govt for 2017
- The Multi Commodity Exchange Ltd (MCX) has received markets regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India’s (Sebi) approval to launch country’s first gold options contract soon.
- State-run Canara Bank unveiled two new digital services for online payments.
- Markets regulator Sebi entered into a pact with its counterpart in Iran to promote technical assistance and facilitate cross-border cooperation in the area of securities regulations.
Sports and Entertainment
- Five-time world champion Viswanathan Anand defeated Ian Nepomniachtchi of Russia in the seventh round to jump to the joint top position in the Sinquefield Cup, a part of the Grand Chess tour.
- Prasoon Joshi appointed as new Chairman of Central Board of Film Certification
- The Indian Film Festival of Melbourne (IFFM) is the biggest Indian film festival outside of the Indian soil and is an official film festival supposed by the Victoria Government in Australia. This year IFFM will enter its eighth year
For more Current Affairs 13th August 2017 and Quizzes and current affairs India, current affairs of 2017, current affairs pdf download for the preparation of SBI PO & Clerk, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, RBI, Railways, Postal and other Competitive Exams. More current affairs today, Current affairs of June 2017, for competitive exams by experts, are available on IndiJobAlert.com. Our Current Affairs June 2017 and current affairs today of the IndiJobAlert page covers various sections of business & economy, banking & finance, Indian and International current affairs, persons, defence, environment and many for competitive exams preparing aspirants.