Current Affairs 16th August 2017 (updated)
Current Affairs 16th August 2017 (today). the below are the current affairs of 16th August of this year. For more current affairs on National, International and other current affairs in India stay updated to the current affairs pages in the Indi job alert. Current affairs today, GK today.
For more Current Affairs 16th August 2017 and Quizzes for the preparation of SBI PO & Clerk, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, RBI, Railways, Postal and other Competitive Exams. More Current affairs of June 2017, for competitive exams by experts, are available on IndiJobAlert.com. current affairs today Our Current Affairs June 2017 of the IndiJobAlert page covers various current affairs today sections of business & economy, banking & finance, Indian and International affairs, persons, defence, environment and many for competitive exams preparing aspirants.
Latest current affairs today
16th August 2017
- On 71st Independence Day, the govt launched an online portal dedicated to gallantry award winners, bestowed since Independence.
- India to tribute Sri Aurobindo on 145th Birth Anniversary
- Maharashtra Chief Minister inaugurates next gen projection mapping system
- The 2017 Global Liveability Ranking was released today by the Economist Intelligence Unit
- Union Government asks Google, FB, Microsoft, others to remove Blue Whale links
- Ravi Shankar Prasad lauds SC efforts for transparency in court appointments
- Major Mitali Madhumita on Friday became the first woman officer to receive a gallantry award in the Army.
- A special programme would soon be launched to prevent the spread of malaria in remote areas of Odisha’s Ganjam district.
- Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has launched Namo Yuva Rojgar Kendra, a farmers’ market on wheels, which aims at delivering farm-fresh organic produce at reasonable prices.
- According to Deutsche Bank report, India’s growth momentum will get stronger with revival in private investment cycle.
- India is among top 11 countries as 7 of its companies are among a list of 200 largest publicly traded entities that are making significant revenue from clean energy.
- UN Secretary General Ant nio Guterres has appointed senior UN official Ruby Sandhu-Rojon as his new Deputy Special Representative for West Africa and the Sahel.
- 2nd World Congress of Optometry is going to be held in Hyderabad during Sep 11-13.
Banking and Business
- Reliance Communications merger with Aircel got National Company Law Tribunal
- ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund has launched a new website ‘PlanYourGoal.com’ to help users plan their investments according to their future financial goals.
- BSE’s IndiaINX to commence gold options from Aug 30 at GIFT IFSC
- IFCI Ltd, a government company, is set to have a new Managing Director & CEO in E Sankara Rao, who is currently Chief General Manager at India Infrastructure Finance Company Ltd (IIFCL).
- India will host the next steering committee meeting of the proposed 1,814 kilometre-long Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan-India (TAPI) gas pipeline, senior officials on both sides confirmed.
- Bill Gates has made his largest donation in 17 years giving away $4.6 billion worth of shares in Microsoft Corp. Donation reduces Gates stake to 1.3%.
- Centre has brought out an online database of more than half a million hectares of land assisting industry.
For more Current Affairs 16th August 2017 and Quizzes and current affairs India, current affairs of 2017, current affairs pdf download for the preparation of SBI PO & Clerk, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, RBI, Railways, Postal and other Competitive Exams. More current affairs today, Current affairs of June 2017, for competitive exams by experts, are available on IndiJobAlert.com. Our Current Affairs June 2017 and current affairs today of the IndiJobAlert page covers various sections of business & economy, banking & finance, Indian and International current affairs, persons, defence, environment and many for competitive exams preparing aspirants.