Current Affairs 16th November 2017 (today’s current affairs updated)
Current Affairs 16th November 2017 (today’s current affairs). The below are the current affairs of 16th November of this year. For more current affairs on National, International and other current affairs in India stay updated to the current affairs pages in the Indi job alert. Current affairs today, GK today. 16th November 2017 current affairs.
For more Current Affairs 16th November 2017 and Quizzes for the preparation of SBI PO & Clerk, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, RBI, Railways, Postal and other Competitive Exams. More Current affairs of June 2017, for competitive exams by experts, are available on IndiJobAlert.com. current affairs today Our Current Affairs November 2017 of the IndiJobAlert page covers various current affairs today sections of business & economy, banking & finance, Indian and International affairs, persons, defence, environment and many for competitive exams preparing aspirants.
Latest current affairs today (Current Affairs 16th November 2017)
16th November 2017 (Today's current affairs)
- Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis informed that the Centre has given an in-principle approval of 10,000 crore rupees assistance to 107 irrigation projects in drought-hit Vidarbha and Marathwada regions of the state
- Power Ministry launched a National Power Portal (NPP), a centralized platform for collation and dissemination of Indian power sector information.
- India’s first Tribal Entrepreneurship Summit began in Dantewada, Chhattisgarh.
- India’s first wave-powered navigational buoy, developed by the National Institute of Ocean Technology, to guide ships in and out of ports was launched in Chennai.
- Scientists from NIOT will build India’s first offshore desalination plant about 40km from the Chennai coast.
- On 14th November 2017, Ganga Kumari became the first transgender to be inducted into Rajasthan Police.
- On 13th November 2017, scientist Vijay Prasad Dimri was appointed as the president of the 36th International Geological Congress.
- India is likely to overtake Japan as world’s third-largest economy, by 2028 in terms of nominal gross domestic product (GDP).
- Delhi Cabinet approved to set up Delhi Village Development Board (DVDB) for civic works in rural and urban villages of Delhi.
- National Achievement Survey (NAS), the largest ever assessment survey on a national level was conducted by NCERT.
- The Saudi Arabian government approved the practice of yoga as a sports activity, claimed a social media post of Nouf Marwaai, founder of the Arab Yoga Foundation in the Saudi kingdom
- Slovenia’s President Borut Pahor wins Second Term in Runoff Election.
- India, the US, Japan, and Australia held their first official-level talks in Manila, the Philippines with a focus on keeping the India-Pacific region “free and open”.
- China has launched the world’s first all-electric ship, which can travel up to 80 km with 2000-tonnes cargo after a two-hour charge.
- The Space Kingdom of Asgardia (virtual nation) launched its first satellite ‘Asgardia-1’ into space from NASA’s Wallops Flight Facility in Virginia.
Banking and Business
- Rating firm Crisil and Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) have signed a MoU to launch CriSidEx, a sentiment Index for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME).
Sports and Entertainment
- Pakistan off-spinner Saeed Ajmal announced his retirement from all forms of cricket two years after losing his wicket-taking bite with a remodeled bowling action that was twice deemed illegal.
- On 12th November 2017, Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel won the Brazilian Grand Prix, a Formula One championship race, in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- On 14th November 2017, the Geographical Indications (GI) Registry announced that West Bengal has been awarded the GI status for ‘Rosogolla’.
- Traditional International ‘Lavi fair’ was held from 11th -14th November 2017 in Rampur, Himachal Pradesh.
For More Current Affairs
IndiJobAlert daily current affairs
The Current affairs 2017 book – for competitive exams like UPSC / State PCS / Insurance / Railways / BBA / MBA / Defence.
Get the Book now
Get the Book now for free
Current Affairs yearly 2017 book – A complete coverage of Current affairs of 2016
Get the Book now
For more Current Affairs 16th November 2017 (today’s current affairs) and Quizzes and current affairs India, current affairs of 2017, current affairs pdf download for the preparation of SBI PO & Clerk, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, RBI, Railways, Postal and other Competitive Exams. More current affairs today, Current affairs of June 2017, for competitive exams by experts, are available on IndiJobAlert.com. Our Current Affairs June 2017 and current affairs today of the IndiJobAlert page covers various sections of business & economy, banking & finance, Indian and International current affairs, persons, defence, environment and many for competitive exams preparing aspirants.
Other Daily Current Affairs