Current Affairs 16th September 2017 (updated)
Current Affairs 16th September 2017 (today). The below are the current affairs of 16th September of this year. For more current affairs on National, International and other current affairs in India stay updated to the current affairs pages in the Indi job alert. Current affairs today, GK today.
For more Current Affairs 16th September 2017 and Quizzes for the preparation of SBI PO & Clerk, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, RBI, Railways, Postal and other Competitive Exams. More Current affairs of June 2017, for competitive exams by experts, are available on IndiJobAlert.com. current affairs today Our Current Affairs June 2017 of the IndiJobAlert page covers various current affairs today sections of business & economy, banking & finance, Indian and International affairs, persons, defence, environment and many for competitive exams preparing aspirants.
Latest current affairs today
16th September 2017
- International Day of Democracy is observed on September 15th
- Odisha to set up the first Odia language university
- Google to Launch Mobile Payment Service in India
- Maharashtra Chief Minister launches Maha Mission 1 Million
- The Maharashtra government is planning to completely ban plastic bags from Gudi-Padwa next year. Gudi-Padwa is the annual festival marked as the starting of a new year according to Hindu calendar.
- India & Japan have signed 15 agreements for enhancing bilateral cooperation in several key areas including investment promotion, civil aviation & science, and technology.
- Union Cabinet has approved the signing of an agreement with Morocco on healthcare and another with Armenia on cooperation in disaster management.
- Former UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon Elected as Chair of the IOC Ethics Commission
- Frank Vincent, a veteran actor who is known for his role in films like “The Sopranos” and “Goodfellas”, died during open-heart surgery.
- Donald Trump has nominated Indian-American lawyer Manisha Singh to a key administration position in State Department, making her in charge of economic diplomacy.
Banking and Business
- Former Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar launched ‘Mission-24’ to develop Mumbai’s M-East ward, which has one of the highest slum population in the city.
- HSBC has entered into an agreement with microfinance industry association Sa-Dhan to develop a digital ecosystem for India’s unbanked segment.
- Bandhan Bank has appointed Goldman Sachs Group, JPMorgan Chase & Co, Axis Bank, JM Financial & Kotak Mahindra Bank as lead managers to manage its proposed IPO.
- Brian Acton, the co-founder of WhatsApp which was later acquired by Facebook has announced that he is leaving the company to start a non-profit venture of his own.
Sports and Entertainment
- Sachin Tendulkar-backed sports-based entertainment company Smaaash Entertainment has raised Rs 280 cr through debt & equity.
- Indian football team has dropped 10 places to be placed 107 in the latest FIFA rankings released today.
- India’s 1st ever foreign coach for women boxers, Stephane Cottalorda has resigned within a month.
- Scientists have created the 1st map of water trapped in an uppermost layer of Moon’s soil which may prove useful to future lunar explorers.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Port Container Terminal was awarded “Container Terminal of the Year” Award for above 0.6 mn TEUs category at Gateway Awards.
For more Current Affairs 16th September 2017 and Quizzes and current affairs India, current affairs of 2017, current affairs pdf download for the preparation of SBI PO & Clerk, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, RBI, Railways, Postal and other Competitive Exams. More current affairs today, Current affairs of June 2017, for competitive exams by experts, are available on IndiJobAlert.com. Our Current Affairs June 2017 and current affairs today of the IndiJobAlert page covers various sections of business & economy, banking & finance, Indian and International current affairs, persons, defense, environment and many for competitive exams preparing aspirants.