Current Affairs 17th August 2017 (updated)
Current Affairs 17th August 2017 (today). the below are the current affairs of 17th August of this year. For more current affairs on National, International and other current affairs in India stay updated to the current affairs pages in the Indi job alert. Current affairs today, GK today.
For more Current Affairs 17th August 2017 and Quizzes for the preparation of SBI PO & Clerk, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, RBI, Railways, Postal and other Competitive Exams. More Current affairs of June 2017, for competitive exams by experts, are available on IndiJobAlert.com. current affairs today Our Current Affairs June 2017 of the IndiJobAlert page covers various current affairs today sections of business & economy, banking & finance, Indian and International affairs, persons, defence, environment and many for competitive exams preparing aspirants.
Latest current affairs today
17th August 2017
- India Opens First Partition Museum in Amritsar
- Major Mitali Madhumita on Friday became the first woman officer to receive a gallantry award in the Army.
- A special programme would soon be launched to prevent the spread of malaria in remote areas of Odisha’s Ganjam district.
- Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has launched Namo Yuva Rojgar Kendra, a farmers’ market on wheels, which aims at delivering farm-fresh organic produce at reasonable prices.
- BSE’s IndiaINX to commence gold options from Aug 30 at GIFT IFSC
- India will host the next steering committee meeting of the proposed 1,814 kilometre-long Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan-India (TAPI) gas pipeline, senior officials on both sides confirmed.
- Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi launched ‘Indira Canteen’ in Bengaluru with the vision of providing good quality of food to the poor at a cheap price.
- Prime Minister Modi has said his govt plans to invest Rs 1,000 cr to transform 20 universities into “world class” educational institutions.
- The govt has approved a new metro rail policy for expanding the metro network across various cities in the country.
- Melbourne named as World’s Most Liveable City
- Reliance Communications merger with Aircel got National Company Law Tribunal
- UN Secretary General Ant nio Guterres has appointed senior UN official Ruby Sandhu-Rojon as his new Deputy Special Representative for West Africa and the Sahel.
- CSS Corp was named the winner of a Silver Stevie Award for Best New Product or Service of the Year – Software – Platform as a Service category at 14th Annual International Business Awards 2017.
- The govt of South Australia has announced plans to construct the world’s largest single-tower solar thermal power plant in Port Augusta.
Banking and Business
- ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund has launched a new website ‘PlanYourGoal.com’ to help users plan their investments according to their future financial goals.
- IFCI Ltd, a government company, is set to have a new Managing Director & CEO in E Sankara Rao, who is currently Chief General Manager at India Infrastructure Finance Company Ltd (IIFCL).
- Ravi Shankar Prasad lauds SC efforts for transparency in court appointments
- Scientists have developed an injectable tissue bandage smaller than a postage stamp that can repair damaged hearts.
For more Current Affairs 17th August 2017 and Quizzes and current affairs India, current affairs of 2017, current affairs pdf download for the preparation of SBI PO & Clerk, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, RBI, Railways, Postal and other Competitive Exams. More current affairs today, Current affairs of June 2017, for competitive exams by experts, are available on IndiJobAlert.com. Our Current Affairs June 2017 and current affairs today of the IndiJobAlert page covers various sections of business & economy, banking & finance, Indian and International current affairs, persons, defence, environment and many for competitive exams preparing aspirants.