Current Affairs 17th December 2017 (today’s current affairs updated)
Current Affairs 17th December 2017 (today’s current affairs). The below are the current affairs of 17th December of this year. For more current affairs on National, International and other current affairs in India stay updated to the current affairs pages in the Indi job alert. Current affairs today, GK today. 17th December 2017 current affairs.
For more Current Affairs 17th December 2017 and Quizzes for the preparation of SBI PO & Clerk, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, RBI, Railways, Postal and other Competitive Exams. More Current affairs of December 2017 or competitive exams by experts, are available on IndiJobAlert.com. current affairs today Our Current Affairs December 2017 of the IndiJobAlert page covers various current affairs today sections of business & economy, banking & finance, Indian and International affairs, persons, defence, environment and many for competitive exams.
Latest current affairs today (Current Affairs 17th December 2017)
17th December 2017 (Today's current affairs)
- Meghalaya became the first state in the country to operationalize The Meghalaya Community Participation and Public Services Social Audit Act, 2017,
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, laid the foundation stone of the ‘Nyaya Gram project’ of the High Court of Allahabad in Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the 60-megawatt Tuirial hydroelectric power project from Aizawl, Mizoram. Mizoram had become the third power- surplus state in the north-east after Sikkim and Tripura.
- Since 1980 India led to substantial increase in inequality so much that top 0.1% of earners has continued to capture more growth than all those in the bottom 50% combined, according to the World Inequality Lab in its World Inequality Report 2018.
- The National Green Tribunal (NGT) imposed a ban on plastic items like carrying bags, plates etc in Haridwar and Rishikesh, located on the banks of the River Ganga.
- R Hemalatha appointed as the new Director of the country’s premier National Institute of Nutrition (NIN), Hyderabad.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the 60-Megawatt Tuirial Hydropower Project in Aizawl, the capital of Mizoram.
- Indian and Columbia are set to join hands in the field of agriculture and fisheries with an aim to boost the economy and mutual co-operation of both the countries.
- The Vijay Diwas day marks the glorious victory over Pakistan in 1971 during the Indo-Pakistani War of 1971, in alliance with Bangladesh Mukti Bahini.
- The Indian diaspora is the largest in the world, with over 15 million migrants from India living abroad, according to the World Migration Report 2018 published by the International Organisation for Migration, the United Nations migration agency.
- The Eleventh World Trade Organization (WTO) Ministerial Conference (MC11) was held in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Get daily current affairs and stock GK like the list of presidents, great leaders of India, state election commission and much more from IndiJobAlert anytime, subscribe to indijobalert for our daily newsletters.
Be updated with us daily for new daily updates.
Banking and Business
- Jammu and Kashmir Bank launched a special financial scheme for journalists of the state. The scheme “J&K Bank Sahafat Finance Scheme” was launched by the bank’s chairman and CEO Parvez Ahmad. The scheme will enable journalists to buy cameras, laptops, tablets and books.
- The State Bank of India introduced a loyalty program for its valued customers. This program is called as State Bank Rewardz, the program gives the customers several opportunities to earn reward points and earn many times faster at Max Get More partner outlets
Sports and Entertainment
- The emblems of the Beijing 2022 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games have been named “Winter Dream” and “Flight,” respectively.
- Roger Federer has been voted the BBC Overseas Sports Personality of the Year for a record fourth time.
- Oxford Dictionaries crowned “youthquake” as its word of 2017 in a nod to the unexpected level of youth engagement in this summer’s election in the United Kingdom.
- Noted litterateur Ramdev Dhurandhar has been selected for this year’s ‘Shrilal Shukla Smriti IFFCO Sahitya Samman’ presented by Indian Farmers Fertilizer Cooperative Limited (IFFCO).
Support us by leaving your feedback and comments in the Comment Box below
For more Current Affairs current affairs 17th December 2017 (today’s current affairs) and Quizzes and current affairs India, current affairs of 2017, current affairs pdf download for the preparation of SBI PO & Clerk, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, RBI, Railways, Postal and other Competitive Exams. More current affairs today like current affairs 15th December 2017, Current affairs of June 2017, for competitive exams by experts, are available on IndiJobAlert.com. Our Current Affairs June 2017 and current affairs today of the IndiJobAlert page covers various sections of business & economy, banking & finance, Indian and International current affairs, persons, defence, environment and many for competitive exams preparing aspirants. IndiJobAlert comes up with daily GK current affairs, GK questions and answers, and general knowledge questions and answers for competitive exams.
Other Daily Current Affairs