Current Affairs 17th September 2017 (updated)
Current Affairs 17th September 2017 (today). The below are the current affairs of 17th September of this year. For more current affairs on National, International and other current affairs in India stay updated to the current affairs pages in the Indi job alert. Current affairs today, GK today.
For more Current Affairs 17th September 2017 and Quizzes for the preparation of SBI PO & Clerk, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, RBI, Railways, Postal and other Competitive Exams. More Current affairs of June 2017, for competitive exams by experts, are available on IndiJobAlert.com. current affairs today Our Current Affairs June 2017 of the IndiJobAlert page covers various current affairs today sections of business & economy, banking & finance, Indian and International affairs, persons, defense, environment and many for competitive exams preparing aspirants.
Latest current affairs today
17th September 2017
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu to lay the foundation stone for Skill Development Institute on September 16
- India’s First Lithium-Ion Battery Unit in Gujarat
- International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer is observed on September 16th
- India has favored a discussion in UN General Assembly, 1st in 12 years, on ‘Responsibility to Protect’ & prevention of genocide, war crimes, ethnic cleansing & crimes against humanity
- The oldest person in the world, Violet Mosse Brown, has died in Jamaica aged 117.
- According to 2017 Global Least & Most Stressful Cities Ranking, Stuttgart is the least stressed out city across the globe, with 4 of top 10 relaxing cities situated in Germany.
- DRDO has undertaken design & development of Trawl System for minefield area in the battle zone to meet the operational requirements of Indian Army.
- The North Eastern Electric Power Corporation said its two hydro-electric projects in Arunachal Pradesh are on the verge of completion and they would be commissioned next year.
- In 2007 the United Nations General Assembly resolved to observe 15 September as the International Day of Democracy—with the purpose of promoting and upholding the principles of democracy.
Banking and Business
- The Advertising Standards Council of India has appointed Abanti Sankaranarayanan as the chairman of its board.
- Amazon has tied up with Bank of Baroda to offer microloans to its sellers.
Sports and Entertainment
- Salman Khan honored at Britain’s House of Commons
- Ministry of sports & youth affairs has decided to pay a monthly stipend of Rs 50,000 to each elite athlete preparing for the coming Commonwealth & Asian Games.
- Pakistan rode on Ahmed Shehzad’s 89 and Hasan Ali’s 2/28 to beat the World XI by 33 runs and clinch the three-game series 2-1.
- MPEDA Bags Rajbhasha Keerti Award
- Noted scientist Sekhar Basu was given one-year extension as Atomic Energy Secretary, till mid-September next year.
- Bacterial cells treated with a common antibiotic have been spotted changing shape to survive while aboard the International Space Station.
For more Current Affairs 17th September 2017 and Quizzes and current affairs India, current affairs of 2017, current affairs pdf download for the preparation of SBI PO & Clerk, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, RBI, Railways, Postal and other Competitive Exams. More current affairs today, Current affairs of June 2017, for competitive exams by experts, are available on IndiJobAlert.com. Our Current Affairs June 2017 and current affairs today of the IndiJobAlert page covers various sections of business & economy, banking & finance, Indian and International current affairs, persons, defense, environment and many for competitive exams preparing aspirants.