Current Affairs 18th August 2017 (updated)
Current Affairs 18th August 2017 (today). the below are the current affairs of 18th August of this year. For more current affairs on National, International and other current affairs in India stay updated to the current affairs pages in the Indi job alert. Current affairs today, GK today.
For more Current Affairs 18th August 2017 and Quizzes for the preparation of SBI PO & Clerk, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, RBI, Railways, Postal and other Competitive Exams. More Current affairs of June 2017, for competitive exams by experts, are available on IndiJobAlert.com. current affairs today Our Current Affairs June 2017 of the IndiJobAlert page covers various current affairs today sections of business & economy, banking & finance, Indian and International affairs, persons, defense, environment and many for competitive exams preparing aspirants.
Latest current affairs today
18th August 2017
- India opens first Partition museum 70 years after bloody event
- ‘Indira Canteen’, aimed at serving the poor at subsidized rates, was inaugurated in Bengaluru on Wednesday by Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi.
- A Grant Agreement from the Global Environment Facility of the World Bank of $24.64 million for “Ecosystem Service Improvement Project” was signed by the govt.
- The Human Resource Development Ministry has announced November 13 as the date for conducting its National Assessment Survey for the students of class 3, 5 & 8.
- Union Cabinet approved raising of over 9000 crores through NABARD for Completing Irrigation Project
- Italy to Host G7 Interior Ministers’ Summit on Security
- Qatar has launched a new direct route between the country’s Hamad Port and Pakistan’s port of Karachi
- Neymar takes up goodwill ambassador position for Handicap International
- Fiat Chrysler will join an alliance led by BMW to develop self-driving cars, intensifying a race by carmakers and technology companies to develop “Robotaxis” which can be called up via smartphone and paid for by the minute.
- US-based Rice University researchers have found a new tectonic plate in the eastern Pacific Ocean off Ecuador’s coast.
Banking and Business
- RBI Makes Aadhaar Linkage Mandatory for Farmers
- City Union Bank customers can generate a credit card online.
- In order to facilitate the availability of FASTags for Electronic Toll Collection, NHAI has taken two revolutionary steps in consultation with RBI and NPCI.
- Energy Efficiency Services Limited signed a MoU with Oil Marketing Companies under the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas for distribution of energy efficient appliances.
- HDFC Bank has reduced interest rate on savings bank accounts by 50 basis points to 3.5 % on deposits up to Rs 50 lakh.
- State Bank of India gives Leg-up to CSR Initiatives
- Karur Vysya Bank appoints P R Seshadri as MD and CEO
Sports and entertainment
- Ramandeep Singh and Chinglensana Singh Kangujam struck twice to guide the Indian men’s hockey team to a sensational 4-3 win over Austria in their final encounter of the Europe Tour.
- A motorcyclist who rode through storms and across deserts has set a new world record.
- Deepika Padukone has dropped out of Forbes magazines World’s Highest-Paid Actresses 2017 list, which is led by Hollywood actress Emma Stone.
- Marg ERP Awarded Best Start-Up in Skill Development by ASSOCHAM
- A bizarre dinosaur, which looked like a raptor but was, in fact, a vegetarian, may be the ‘missing link’ between plant-eating dinosaurs and carnivores such as the dreaded Tyrannosaurus rex.
For more Current Affairs 18th August 2017 and Quizzes and current affairs India, current affairs of 2017, current affairs pdf download for the preparation of SBI PO & Clerk, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, RBI, Railways, Postal and other Competitive Exams. More current affairs today, Current affairs of June 2017, for competitive exams by experts, are available on IndiJobAlert.com. Our Current Affairs June 2017 and current affairs today of the IndiJobAlert page covers various sections of business & economy, banking & finance, Indian and International current affairs, persons, defense, environment and many for competitive exams preparing aspirants.