Current Affairs 18th December 2017 (today’s current affairs updated)
Current Affairs 18th December 2017 (today’s current affairs). The below are the current affairs of 18th December of this year. For more current affairs on National, International and other current affairs in India stay updated to the current affairs pages in the Indi job alert. Current affairs today, GK today. 18th December 2017 current affairs.
For more Current Affairs 18th December 2017 and Quizzes for the preparation of SBI PO & Clerk, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, RBI, Railways, Postal and other Competitive Exams. More Current affairs of December 2017 or competitive exams by experts, are available on IndiJobAlert.com. current affairs today Our Current Affairs December 2017 of the IndiJobAlert page covers various current affairs today sections of business & economy, banking & finance, Indian and International affairs, persons, defence, environment and many for competitive exams.
Latest current affairs today (Current Affairs 18th December 2017)
18th December 2017 (Today's current affairs)
- The union government approved capital investment subsidy amounting to Rs 264.67 Crore to four industrial units located in North East, including Sikkim. The decision was taken at a meeting of Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The Delhi Government approved a Rs 2,600Crores special package for employment generation in the leather and footwear sector.
- The Union Cabinet approved new Central Sector Scheme of North East Special Infrastructure Development Scheme” (NESIDS) from 2017-18.
- India’s first Tesla was registered at the Tardeo Regional Transport Office (RTO). The Model X car, is owned by the business conglomerate Essar’s CEO Prashant Ruia and is reportedly exempted from RTO taxes as it is an electric vehicle
- Meghalaya became the first state in India to operationalise a law that makes social audit of government programmes and schemes.
- The Andhra Pradesh Cabinet has approved a scheme to provide a pension of Rs 1500 to transgenders above 18 years of age in the state.
- Union cabinet has approved a bill to replace the Medical Council of India with a new commission to ensure transparency and reform.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the 60 megawatt Tuirial hydro electric power project from Aizwal.
- Union cabinet has decided to bear the merchant discount rate (MDR) applicable on digital payments via debit cards, etc, up to Rs2,000.
- North Korea threat is becoming stronger and the situation is taking difficult turns, Japan is also trying to boost its defence as much as possible.
- China unveiled a satellite network plan for round-the-clock surveillance on the South China Sea. The East Asian country plans to launch 10 satellites into space over the next three years to maintain non-stop surveillance on the disputed waterway.
- After allowing women to drive, Saudi Arabia has now permitted females to drive trucks and ride bikes.
- Google will shut down its Augmented Reality platform Tango built specifically for smartphones from March 2018.
- 8th edition of Indo-Maldives joint military exercise, ‘Ekuverin’ has began at the Maratha Light Infantry Regimental Centre (MLIRC-Belagavi).
Get daily current affairs and stock GK like the list of presidents, great leaders of India, state election commission and much more from IndiJobAlert anytime, subscribe to indijobalert for our daily newsletters.
Be updated with us daily for new daily updates.
Banking and Business
- Japanese conglomerate SoftBank is in talks to invest $300 million in the US-based dog-sitting app Wag, according to reports.
- RBI has imposed a penalty of Rs 5 crore on Syndicate Bank for non-compliance with its directions on “Cheque Purchase or Discounting, Bill Discounting, and KYC norms.
- Vodafone India has appointed Manish Dawar as its Chief Financial Officer with effect from January 1, 2018.
Sports and Entertainment
- FIFA suspended the head of the Brazilian football federation Marco Polo Del Nero for 90 days over a breach of its rules.
- Roger Federer has been voted the BBC Overseas Sports Personality of the Year for a record fourth time after an astonishing season during which he picked up 2 more Grand Slam titles.
- India won 10 gold and as many silver medals on the first day of the Commonwealth Wrestling Championship in South Africa’s Johannesburg.
- FIFA has suspended the head of Brazilian football federation Marco Polo Nero for 90 days.
- Eminent Bengali poet Joy Goswami will be given the 31st Moortidevi Award for the year 2017.
Support us by leaving your feedback and comments in the Comment Box below
For more Current Affairs current affairs 18th December 2017 (today’s current affairs) and Quizzes and current affairs India, current affairs of 2017, current affairs pdf download for the preparation of SBI PO & Clerk, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, RBI, Railways, Postal and other Competitive Exams. More current affairs today like current affairs 15th December 2017, Current affairs of June 2017, for competitive exams by experts, are available on IndiJobAlert.com. Our Current Affairs June 2017 and current affairs today of the IndiJobAlert page covers various sections of business & economy, banking & finance, Indian and International current affairs, persons, defence, environment and many for competitive exams preparing aspirants. IndiJobAlert comes up with daily GK current affairs, GK questions and answers, and general knowledge questions and answers for competitive exams.
Other Daily Current Affairs