Current Affairs 18th September 2017 (updated)
Current Affairs 18th September 2017 (today). The below are the current affairs of 18th September of this year. For more current affairs on National, International and other current affairs in India stay updated to the current affairs pages in the Indi job alert. Current affairs today, GK today.
For more Current Affairs 18th September 2017 and Quizzes for the preparation of SBI PO & Clerk, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, RBI, Railways, Postal and other Competitive Exams. More Current affairs of June 2017, for competitive exams by experts, are available on IndiJobAlert.com. current affairs today Our Current Affairs June 2017 of the IndiJobAlert page covers various current affairs today sections of business & economy, banking & finance, Indian and International affairs, persons, defense, environment and many for competitive exams preparing aspirants.
Latest current affairs today
18th September 2017
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicated to the nation the Sardar Sarovar Dam, almost 56 years after its foundation stone was laid.
- An Indian startup has won a prestigious award in Israel for developing an affordable modular greenhouse that aims to give farmers steady & dependable income
- According to a circular issued by railway board, passengers in reserved coaches can only sleep between 10 pm & 6 am to allow others to sit in the seats for the rest of the time.
- Indigenous artillery gun, Advanced Towed Artillery Gun System has set a new world record in range by hitting targets at a distance of 48 km. ATAGS is a 155mm, 52 calibers towed artillery gun being developed in mission mode by DRDO as a part of Army’s artillery modernization program.
- Housing & Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri released new Metro Policy for expanding the metro network across various cities in the country.
- Russia and Iraq have restored scheduled commercial airline services for the first time since 2004.
- Nepal has begun remeasuring Mount Everest to check if the height of the world’s tallest peak was altered by a powerful earthquake that struck the nation in 2015.
- NASA’s $3.9 bn Cassini spacecraft ended its 20-year-long groundbreaking journey with a fiery plunge into Saturn’s crushing atmosphere.
- Elusive snow leopard, long considered endangered has been upgraded to vulnerable. The endangered snow leopard is found in rugged mountains of Central Asia.
- Prime Minister Bjarni Benediktsson lost him 9 month- old, center-right coalition after one party quit over an attempt by PM’s father to help clear the name of a convicted pedophile.
- Indian & U.S. armies have started the 13th iteration of their Yudh Abhyas series of joint military exercises at Joint Base Lewis McChord in Washington.
- According to HSBC, India is likely to overtake Japan and Germany to become the third largest economy in the next 10 years.
- China has put on display its 1st unmanned combat helicopter AV500W for foreign buyers in a bid to enlarge scope to market its military drones abroad.
- The ground forces of the United Arab Emirates and the United States are holding a joint military exercise in Abu Dhabi. The exercise will help both armies to promote their international co-operation in joint military operations, to address current global challenges and crises.
Banking and Business
- Airtel Payments Bank has become the 1st payments bank in India to integrate Unified Payments Interface on its digital platform.
- Sports and Entertainment
- PV Sindhu avenged her World Championship loss in Glasgow by beating Nozomi Okuhara 22-20, 11-21, 21-18 in the Korea Open 2017 women’s singles final to clinch her 3rd Superseries title.
- Afghanistan leg-spinner Rashid Khan has become the youngest cricketer to take 100 T20 wickets.
- Former DIG D Roopa, who highlighted in a report alleged irregularities at Central jail in Bengaluru, including preferential treatment to V K Sasikala, was conferred the President’s Medal.
For more Current Affairs 18th September 2017 and Quizzes and current affairs India, current affairs of 2017, current affairs pdf download for the preparation of SBI PO & Clerk, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, RBI, Railways, Postal and other Competitive Exams. More current affairs today, Current affairs of June 2017, for competitive exams by experts, are available on IndiJobAlert.com. Our Current Affairs June 2017 and current affairs today of the IndiJobAlert page covers various sections of business & economy, banking & finance, Indian and International current affairs, persons, defense, environment and many for competitive exams preparing aspirants.