Current Affairs 19th August 2017 (updated)
Current Affairs 19th August 2017 (today). the below are the current affairs of 19th August of this year. For more current affairs on National, International and other current affairs in India stay updated to the current affairs pages in the Indi job alert. Current affairs today, GK today.
For more Current Affairs 19th August 2017 and Quizzes for the preparation of SBI PO & Clerk, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, RBI, Railways, Postal and other Competitive Exams. More Current affairs of June 2017, for competitive exams by experts, are available on IndiJobAlert.com. current affairs today Our Current Affairs June 2017 of the IndiJobAlert page covers various current affairs today sections of business & economy, banking & finance, Indian and International affairs, persons, defense, environment and many for competitive exams preparing aspirants.
Latest current affairs today
19th August 2017
- Five Indian-Origin Persons in Fortune’s Annual ‘40 Under 40’ List
- Union Government Bans Export of Gold Items Above 22-Carat Purity
- Union Government to Conduct ‘World’s Largest Sample Survey’ for Students
- Environment Minister Launches “Harit Diwali, Swasth Diwali” Campaign
- The Prime Minister interacted with Young Entrepreneurs at the “Champions of Change” initiative organized by NITI Aayog at Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra.
- As many as 4,284 industrial units in the North East and the Himalayan States will get GST relief in the form of a refund of Central share of CGST and iGST.
- Cabinet clears stalled Bihar dam project
- Sohail Mahmood Takes Charge as Pak’s High Commissioner to India
- The Union Cabinet cleared MoU signed between India and Sweden on intellectual property right (IPR) cooperation, aimed at benefiting entrepreneurs, investors, and businesses.
- Stanford scientists have developed a low-cost and highly sensitive blood test that may quickly detect cancer growth and spread.
Banking and Business
- BSNL launches Digital Wallet Powered by MobiKwik
- HDFC Bank, Punjab National Bank (PNB) and YES Bank have taken a cue from the recent move by State Bank of India (SBI) and a couple of other lenders to lower their savings bank deposit rates.
- Reliance Power’s Sasan captive coal mine has been awarded the National Safety Award (Mines) for 2013 and 2014.
- Vishal Sikka has resigned as the Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of Infosys. Pravin Rao has been appointed as the interim CEO.
Sports and Entertainment
- Real Madrid won Spanish Super Cup
- Young Indian shuttler Lakshya Sen clinched the Bulgaria Open International Series title after notching up a hard-fought win over Croatia’s Zvonimir Durkinjak in the men’s singles final in Sofia, Bulgaria.
- Real Madrid beat Barcelona, 2-0, to complete a 5-1 victory on aggregate in the Spanish Super Cup
- Pakistan-origin singer Adnan Sami, who got Indian citizenship last year, and eminent Carnatic musician and playback singer K J Yesudas have been nominated as trustees of the city-based Bharat Bhavan of Madhya Pradesh government
- Forbes recently released its list of the highest-paid female athletes, and to no-one’s surprise, Serena Williams is right at the top and leads by a significant margin.
- Emma Stone has been named Hollywood’s best-paid female actor in Forbes’ annual list of top earners($26m).
- Bappi Lahiri, the 1st music director who composed songs for Bharat Ratna Shri. Atal Bihari Vajpayee & Bharat Ratna Dr. Ambedkar gifted the CDs to Honorable President of India Mr. Ram Nath Kovind in the presence of Home Minister Rajnath Singh
For more Current Affairs 19th August 2017 and Quizzes and current affairs India, current affairs of 2017, current affairs pdf download for the preparation of SBI PO & Clerk, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, RBI, Railways, Postal and other Competitive Exams. More current affairs today, Current affairs of June 2017, for competitive exams by experts, are available on IndiJobAlert.com. Our Current Affairs June 2017 and current affairs today of the IndiJobAlert page covers various sections of business & economy, banking & finance, Indian and International current affairs, persons, defense, environment and many for competitive exams preparing aspirants.