Current Affairs 20th August 2017 (updated)
Current Affairs 20th August 2017 (today). the below are the current affairs of 20th August of this year. For more current affairs on National, International and other current affairs in India stay updated to the current affairs pages in the Indi job alert. Current affairs today, GK today.
For more Current Affairs 20th August 2017 and Quizzes for the preparation of SBI PO & Clerk, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, RBI, Railways, Postal and other Competitive Exams. More Current affairs of June 2017, for competitive exams by experts, are available on IndiJobAlert.com. current affairs today Our Current Affairs June 2017 of the IndiJobAlert page covers various current affairs today sections of business & economy, banking & finance, Indian and International affairs, persons, defense, environment and many for competitive exams preparing aspirants.
Latest current affairs today
20th August 2017
- Putin appoints Nikolay Kudashev as Russia’s New Ambassador to India
- National Highways Authority of India launched two mobile Apps – MyFASTag and FASTag Partner in New Delhi, to facilitate the availability of FASTags for Electronic Toll Collection.
- In pursuit of achieving a New India by 2022 under Sankalp se Siddhi vision, the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation is organizing countrywide Film, Essay and Painting Competition only for Primary School students between 17th August and 8th September 2017 as another major step towards making Swachhta, a people’s movement.
- 5 Indian-origin persons, including Irish Prime Minister Leo Varadkar, have featured in Fortune’s annual list of 40 young and influential people in the field of business inspiring others with their work.
- Sohail Mahmood has assumed the charge of Pakistan’s High Commissioner to India in New Delhi.
- CCEA has given approval to the Scheme of providing budgetary support under GST for eligible industrial units in J&K, Uttarakhand, HP & north eastern states including Sikkim.
- China launches First Cyber Court in e-commerce Hub
- Sohail Mahmood assumed his charge as the Pakistan’s High Commissioner to India, after his predecessor Abdul Basit announced retirement before his tenure was scheduled to end.
- US & Japan have agreed to advance their multi-lateral security & defense cooperation with countries like India, South Korea & Australia.
- Sri Lanka appoints First Tamil Navy Chief After Four Decades
Banking and Business
- Telecom Regulators of 23 Asia-Pacific countries to meet at Delhi
- Union Bank Signs Insurance Deals
- SBI is planning initial public offerings of 2 regional rural banks in next one year, the first such move by a public sector bank.
- BSNL has unveiled its mobile wallet in partnership with MobiKwik to enable one-tap bill payment for its over 100 million subscribers.
Sports and Entertainment
- The 28-year-old Emma Stone made $26m in the last 12 months, the majority of which was earned from her Oscar-winning performance in the musical romance La La Land. The film made over $445m worldwide.
- Young Indian shuttler Lakshya Sen clinched the Bulgaria Open International Series title after notching up a hard-fought win over Croatia’s Zvonimir Durkinjak in the men’s singles final in Sofia, Bulgaria.
- India captain Virat Kohli continued to be the world’s top-ranked One-day batsman in the latest ICC ODI rankings, released in Dubai.
- Infosys chief executive officer Vishal Sikka resigned after being at the helm for a little more than 3 years.
For more Current Affairs 20th August 2017 and Quizzes and current affairs India, current affairs of 2017, current affairs pdf download for the preparation of SBI PO & Clerk, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, RBI, Railways, Postal and other Competitive Exams. More current affairs today, Current affairs of June 2017, for competitive exams by experts, are available on IndiJobAlert.com. Our Current Affairs June 2017 and current affairs today of the IndiJobAlert page covers various sections of business & economy, banking & finance, Indian and International current affairs, persons, defense, environment and many for competitive exams preparing aspirants.