Current Affairs 21st August 2017 (updated)
Current Affairs 21st August 2017 (today). the below are the current affairs of 21st August of this year. For more current affairs on National, International and other current affairs in India stay updated to the current affairs pages in the Indi job alert. Current affairs today, GK today.
For more Current Affairs 21st August 2017 and Quizzes for the preparation of SBI PO & Clerk, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, RBI, Railways, Postal and other Competitive Exams. More Current affairs of June 2017, for competitive exams by experts, are available on IndiJobAlert.com. current affairs today Our Current Affairs June 2017 of the IndiJobAlert page covers various current affairs today sections of business & economy, banking & finance, Indian and International affairs, persons, defense, environment and many for competitive exams preparing aspirants.
Latest current affairs today
21st August 2017
- Telecom Regulators of 23 Asia-Pacific countries to meet at Delhi
- To create awareness about Beekeeping and uses of its products including Honey, Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India Limited (TRIFED) is celebrating World Honey Bee Day (WHBD) on 19.08.2017 in the Country and on 18.08.2017 at all its Regional Offices and 43 Retails Outlets spread in the country.
- National Highways Authority of India has launched two mobile Apps, MyFASTag and FASTag Partner.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, CCEA has approved the proposal of Department of Investment and public Asset Management, DIPAM for the strategic disinvestment.
- India signs Global Environment Facility (GEF) Grant Agreement with the World Bank for USD 24.64 Million for Ecosystems Service Improvement Project
- Indian Athletes Bag 37 Medals at 7th World Dwarf Games
- 5 Indian-origin persons in Fortune’s annual ’40 Under 40′ list
- RBI to release new Rs 50, Rs 20 notes, but old notes will still be valid
- Putin appoints Nikolay Kudashev as Russia’s New Ambassador to India
China launches First Cyber Court in e-commerce Hub
- On 19 August 2003, a terrorist attack hit the United Nations headquarters in Baghdad, killing 22 people. Among those who lost their lives was Sergio Vieira de Mello, the UN’s top representative in Iraq.
- August 19 is observed as World Photography Day, which aims to inspire photographers across the planet to share a single photo with a simple purpose: to share their world with the world.
- Italy will host a summit of Group of Seven interior ministers centered on security issues in the fall.
- Sri Lanka appoints First Tamil Navy Chief After Four Decades
Banking and Business
- Union Bank Signs Insurance Deals
- The nation’s largest lender State Bank of India launched a CSR initiative, SBI Gram Seva, which will work in the areas of health, education, environment and rural infrastructure.
- Karur Vysya Bank appoints P R Seshadri as MD & CEO
- General Motors India announced the appointment of Sanjiv Gupta as the new President and Managing Director of the company.
Sports and Entertainment
- Lakshya Sen Wins Bulgaria Open International Series
- India captain Virat Kohli continued to be the world’s top-ranked One-day batsman in the latest ICC ODI rankings, released in Dubai.
For more Current Affairs 21st August 2017 and Quizzes and current affairs India, current affairs of 2017, current affairs pdf download for the preparation of SBI PO & Clerk, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, RBI, Railways, Postal and other Competitive Exams. More current affairs today, Current affairs of June 2017, for competitive exams by experts, are available on IndiJobAlert.com. Our Current Affairs June 2017 and current affairs today of the IndiJobAlert page covers various sections of business & economy, banking & finance, Indian and International current affairs, persons, defense, environment and many for competitive exams preparing aspirants.