Current Affairs 23rd August 2017 (updated)
Current Affairs 23rd August 2017 (today). the below are the current affairs of 23rd August of this year. For more current affairs on National, International and other current affairs in India stay updated to the current affairs pages in the Indi job alert. Current affairs today, GK today.
For more Current Affairs 23rd August 2017 and Quizzes for the preparation of SBI PO & Clerk, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, RBI, Railways, Postal and other Competitive Exams. More Current affairs of June 2017, for competitive exams by experts, are available on IndiJobAlert.com. current affairs today Our Current Affairs June 2017 of the IndiJobAlert page covers various current affairs today sections of business & economy, banking & finance, Indian and International affairs, persons, defense, environment and many for competitive exams preparing aspirants.
Latest current affairs today
23rd August 2017
- Birthday of Sri Guru Granth Sahib is celebrated on 22nd August
- ONGC board approves HPCL takeover of 51.11% stake
- A digital police portal under CCTNS project, which aims to create a national database of crimes & criminals, was launched by Home Minister Rajnath Singh.
- Assam govt will launch a new Scheme called, Scheme for Compassionate Family Pension in lieu of Compassionate Appointment.
- South Delhi Municipal Corporation has pressed into service a train called ‘mosquito terminator’.
- Oinam Bembem Devi, flag bearer of Indian women’s football over the past 2 decades has been named as the winner of Arjuna Award.
- US based Indian doctor discovers new way to prevent sepsis in new born babies
- Android Oreo released by Google
- Tata Power JV synchronizes 186 MW hydro project in Georgia
- China is relaunching world’s fastest bullet trains running at 350 km/h.
Banking and Business
- National Bank of Agriculture and Rural Development has sanctioned a loan of Rs 1,349.55 cr to Rajasthan govt.
- HCL Infosystems has announced that it has signed a distributor agreement with Apple for iPhones and other products in India.
- Uber has roped in former American Express executive Vishpala Reddy as the chief people’s officer for its India & South Asia operations.
- Dena Bank has cut interest rate on savings account deposits up to Rs 25 lakh by 0.5% to 3.50%
- Banks importing gold and precious metals will have to pay 3% tax under the GST which can be claimed as input tax credit.
- Country’s largest lender, SBI accounts for over 27% of total amount owed to public-sector banks by wilful defaulters
- Govt has extended the cash back scheme, that offers incentives of up to Rs 1,000 to merchants for accepting payments through BHIM app to 31 March.
Sports and Entertainment
- India defeated Sri Lanka by 9 wickets to take the 1-0 lead in the five match ODI series at Dambulla.
- Qatar will build a stadium shaped like an Arabian skull cap for the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
- Ten militants were sentenced to death and nine others jailed for 20 years each by the court in Bangladesh for attempting to assassinate Sheikh Hasina in 2000.
For more Current Affairs 23rd August 2017 and Quizzes and current affairs India, current affairs of 2017, current affairs pdf download for the preparation of SBI PO & Clerk, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, RBI, Railways, Postal and other Competitive Exams. More current affairs today, Current affairs of June 2017, for competitive exams by experts, are available on IndiJobAlert.com. Our Current Affairs June 2017 and current affairs today of the IndiJobAlert page covers various sections of business & economy, banking & finance, Indian and International current affairs, persons, defense, environment and many for competitive exams preparing aspirants.