Current Affairs 25th August 2017 (updated)
Current Affairs 25th August 2017 (today). the below are the current affairs of 25th August of this year. For more current affairs on National, International and other current affairs in India stay updated to the current affairs pages in the Indi job alert. Current affairs today, GK today.
For more Current Affairs 25th August 2017 and Quizzes for the preparation of SBI PO & Clerk, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, RBI, Railways, Postal and other Competitive Exams. More Current affairs of June 2017, for competitive exams by experts, are available on IndiJobAlert.com. current affairs today Our Current Affairs June 2017 of the IndiJobAlert page covers various current affairs today sections of business & economy, banking & finance, Indian and International affairs, persons, defense, environment and many for competitive exams preparing aspirants.
Latest current affairs today
25th August 2017
- The Chief Justice of India JS Khehar said that it is a fundamental right protected by Constitution under Article 21.
- The Reserve Bank of India said that it will issue Rs.200 denomination banknotes on August 25th.
- HRD Minister Prakash Javedkar announced a monthly scholarship programme that would be over Rs.75,000 to 1,000 for best innovative minds every month.
- The Union cabinet has approved a mechanism to oversee consolidation in the state-run banking sector.
- Sushma Swaraj will inaugurate country’s first Videsh Bhavan, assimilating all Regional Passport Offices under one roof, at Bandra Kurla Complex in Mumbai.
- Qatar restored full diplomatic relations with Iran amid an ongoing dispute with Arab countries.
- US President Donald Trump threatened to shut down the govt if the Congress does not vote in favour of a govt spending bill to finance the wall along the border with Mexico.
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has ordered production of more solid-fuel rocket engines and rocket warhead tips.
- A humanoid robot ‘Pepper’ has been programmed to perform Buddhist funerals. The robot can chant sutras in a computerised voice while tapping a drum and it costs Rs.29,000 per funeral.
- Google & Walmart has announced a partnership that will make Walmart’s products available on Google’s online shopping mall.
Banking and Business
- US based data protection startup Druva said it has raised the funding led by Riverwood Capital. The startup provides data backup for businesses and claims to protect more than 25 petabytes of data.
- Italian luxury supercar manufacturer Lamborghini launched a smartphone named ‘Alpha One’ priced at Rs.1.57 lakh.
- Technology giant Apple is working on self-driving shuttles called PAIL to ferry employees between its current and new campus.
Sports and Entertainment
- 2016 Wimbledon finalist Milos Raonic pulled out of the US Open saying he had a procedure on his left wrist.
- Amid a string of losses, Sri Lanka is launching an investigation into the woeful state of cricket.
- Ashwani Lohani, CMD of Air India, has been named as the new Chairman of the Railway Board, following the resignation on A.K. Mittal.
For more Current Affairs 25th August 2017 and Quizzes and current affairs India, current affairs of 2017, current affairs pdf download for the preparation of SBI PO & Clerk, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, RBI, Railways, Postal and other Competitive Exams. More current affairs today, Current affairs of June 2017, for competitive exams by experts, are available on IndiJobAlert.com. Our Current Affairs June 2017 and current affairs today of the IndiJobAlert page covers various sections of business & economy, banking & finance, Indian and International current affairs, persons, defense, environment and many for competitive exams preparing aspirants.