Current Affairs 26th August 2017 (updated)
Current Affairs 26th August 2017 (today). the below are the current affairs of 26th August of this year. For more current affairs on National, International and other current affairs in India stay updated to the current affairs pages in the Indi job alert. Current affairs today, GK today.
For more Current Affairs 26th August 2017 and Quizzes for the preparation of SBI PO & Clerk, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, RBI, Railways, Postal and other Competitive Exams. More Current affairs of June 2017, for competitive exams by experts, are available on IndiJobAlert.com. current affairs today Our Current Affairs June 2017 of the IndiJobAlert page covers various current affairs today sections of business & economy, banking & finance, Indian and International affairs, persons, defense, environment and many for competitive exams preparing aspirants.
Latest current affairs today
26th August 2017
- The Modi government today notified introduction of new Rs 200 notes, according to a notification in the Gazette of India. The printing process of the new currency is almost over and the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is likely to circulate them any time now.
- Union Cabinet renames SAMPADA Scheme as PMKSY
- Odisha Government launches Rooftop Solar Project
- Right To Privacy Is Fundamental Right Under Constitution, Declares Supreme Court
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj inaugurated the country’s first Videsh Bhavan at the Bandra Kurla Complex
- The new policy for cadre allocation has been finalized by the Central government for IAS, IPS and other officers, aimed at ensuring “national integration” in the country’s top bureaucracy.
- Microsoft Launches ‘Project Brainwave’ for Real-Time AI
- India and Nepal sign Eight Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in various fields
- Indian Navy Band to Participate in International Military Music Festival in Moscow
Banking and Business
- Karnataka ties up with Microsoft to develop India’s first Farm Price Forecasting Model
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) today approved renaming the new central food processing scheme SAMPADABSE 4.95 % as Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana (PMKSY) with an aim to benefit 20 lakh farmers and generate 5.30 lakh jobs by 2020.
- Tata Docomo was given the award for the best service provider in north India for its public Wi-Fi services by DigiAnalysis.
Sports and entertainment
- The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports is going to establish National Sports Museum, first of its kind, at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, New Delhi.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has won his third UEFA men’s player of the year award in four seasons, beating Lionel Messi and Gianluigi Buffon to get the trophy.
- Indian-African American India LaRoda was crowned Miss India America 2017 at the 25th anniversary
- Raghuram Rajan explains economic concepts and talks of issues like tolerance and connection between political freedom and prosperity in his new book — I Do What I Do: On Reform, Rhetoric & Resolve — which is a collection of essays and speeches during his stint as RBI head.
- The Biju Patnaik Award for Scientific Excellence for 2016 was conferred upon Prof. Digambar Behera by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik
- Nandan Nilekani was appointed as the chairman of the board of directors of Infosys. Sweeping changes have been made to the board in an attempt to restore stability after the resignation of Vishal Sikka as CEO
For more Current Affairs 26th August 2017 and Quizzes and current affairs India, current affairs of 2017, current affairs pdf download for the preparation of SBI PO & Clerk, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, RBI, Railways, Postal and other Competitive Exams. More current affairs today, Current affairs of June 2017, for competitive exams by experts, are available on IndiJobAlert.com. Our Current Affairs June 2017 and current affairs today of the IndiJobAlert page covers various sections of business & economy, banking & finance, Indian and International current affairs, persons, defense, environment and many for competitive exams preparing aspirants.