Current Affairs 28th August 2017 (updated)
Current Affairs 28th August 2017 (today). the below are the current affairs of 28th August of this year. For more current affairs on National, International and other current affairs in India stay updated to the current affairs pages in the Indi job alert. Current affairs today, GK today.
For more Current Affairs 28th August 2017 and Quizzes for the preparation of SBI PO & Clerk, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, RBI, Railways, Postal and other Competitive Exams. More Current affairs of June 2017, for competitive exams by experts, are available on IndiJobAlert.com. current affairs today Our Current Affairs June 2017 of the IndiJobAlert page covers various current affairs today sections of business & economy, banking & finance, Indian and International affairs, persons, defense, environment and many for competitive exams preparing aspirants.
Latest current affairs today
28th August 2017
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has greeted the people of Odisha on the occasion of Nuakhai Juhar.
- Vice President to launch Sports Talent Portal on August 28
- Jammu and Kashmir Government to Set Up First Eco-Park, With an aim to promote renewable energy in Odisha, chief minister Naveen Patnaik on Wednesday launched grid connected rooftop solar projects.
- There are moments in the journey of nations that fundamentally alter the course of history. One such moment was the Quit India Movement that began on 9th August 1942 which finally culminated into the freedom of India.
- The panel mandated to review the National Mineral Policy, 2008, and suggest a new framework will submit its report by October-end.
- The National Mineral Policy, 2008 should be reviewed is mandatory and the panel suggests a new framework will submit its report by October end.
- The Yogi Adityanath-led Uttar Pradesh government will implement a new policy to promote Khadi in the state.
- Govt has revised downwards its targets for building affordable housing for urban poor by 2022.
- A Parliamentary panel has said, no genetically modified crop should be introduced in India unless biosafety & socio-economic desirability is evaluated in a transparent process
- The CA Institute has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nepal.
- E-waste removal from Kerala schools has begun with about 12,500 kg being disposed statewide on a single day.
- The 2018 ITTF Team World Cup will be held in London from February 22 to 25 next year, the world table tennis governing body announced.
- Taiwan’s first locally built satellite Formosat-5 has been launched into space from an air base in the US.
- The US has announced plans to install radar systems in Palau, a move that will increase its monitoring ability in western Pacific region
- Australian minister for trade, tourism, and investment Steven Ciobo will lead a major mission to India focused on deepening collaboration between the two nations.
Banking and Business
- Spice Digital Limited has received the final license from the RBI, allowing the company to process bill payments as a Bharat Bill Payment Operating Unit.
- Reserve Bank of India has issued new Rs 200 and Rs 50 denomination banknotes in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series, bearing the signature of RBI Governor Urjit Patel.
- Reserve Bank of India appointed committee on Household Finance has suggested that banks link their home loan rates to the RBI’s repo rate.
Sports and Entertainment
- The four-time world champion, who was due to become a free agent at the end of the season, has agreed to a new three-year deal with the team.
- Vice President of India Venkaiah Naidu will officially launch the Sports Ministry’s much- awaited National Sports Talent Search Portal at the Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium.
For more Current Affairs 28th August 2017 and Quizzes and current affairs India, current affairs of 2017, current affairs pdf download for the preparation of SBI PO & Clerk, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, RBI, Railways, Postal and other Competitive Exams. More current affairs today, Current affairs of June 2017, for competitive exams by experts, are available on IndiJobAlert.com. Our Current Affairs June 2017 and current affairs today of the IndiJobAlert page covers various sections of business & economy, banking & finance, Indian and International current affairs, persons, defense, environment and many for competitive exams preparing aspirants.