Current Affairs 29th August 2017 (updated)
Current Affairs 29th August 2017 (today). the below are the current affairs of 29th August of this year. For more current affairs on National, International and other current affairs in India stay updated to the current affairs pages in the Indi job alert. Current affairs today, GK today.
For more Current Affairs 29th August 2017 and Quizzes for the preparation of SBI PO & Clerk, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, RBI, Railways, Postal and other Competitive Exams. More Current affairs of June 2017, for competitive exams by experts, are available on IndiJobAlert.com. current affairs today Our Current Affairs June 2017 of the IndiJobAlert page covers various current affairs today sections of business & economy, banking & finance, Indian and International affairs, persons, defense, environment and many for competitive exams preparing aspirants.
Latest current affairs today
29th August 2017
- Union Minister Arun Jaitley hands over LRSAM to Indian Navy
- BSE’s board has approved another 5-year term for its chief Ashish Chauhan.
- Indian Army will finally get an advanced medium-range surface to air missile system by 2020 which will be able to shoot down ballistic missiles, fighter jets & attack helicopters from a range of around 70 km.
- Gurugram district administration has decided to sanction 50 new green-fuel stations in Millennium City in next 3 years to control rising air pollution.
- A Pre-Bid Meeting was held by EESL for procurement of 50 lakh smart meters.
- Senior diplomat Randhir Kumar Jaiswal was appointed as the social secretary to President Ram Nath Kovind.
- ‘Eronet’, a new portal/software introduced in some states by Election Commission will be launched in Assam on August 28.
- Supertech gets green nod for Rs1,130 crore Sports Village project in Greater Noida
- India and China Agree to Disengage at Doklam
- President Trump has signed a memorandum that directs US military to not accept transgender individuals as recruits.
- The World Book Fair 2017 will begin in Dehradun from August 28, with the state government offering discounts on books based on the lives of national figures.
Banking and Business
- Vijaya Bank has launched ‘100 Digital Villages’ initiative in an effort to bring residents of these villages under the formal banking system.
- The govt has notified Banking Regulation (Amendment) Act under which it can authorize the RBI to issue directions to banks to initiate insolvency resolution process to recover bad loans.
Sports and Entertainment
- Floyd Mayweather defeated Conor McGregor by way of technical knockout in the 10th round of the mega fight to keep his perfect record intact.
- 4-time champion Mo Farah ended his track career with victory in 5,000m at Diamond League final.
- India win U-15 SAFF Football Championship
- Hamilton won Belgian Grand Prix
- Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba has been named the Europa League Player of the Season for 2016-17.
For more Current Affairs 29th August 2017 and Quizzes and current affairs India, current affairs of 2017, current affairs pdf download for the preparation of SBI PO & Clerk, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, RBI, Railways, Postal and other Competitive Exams. More current affairs today, Current affairs of June 2017, for competitive exams by experts, are available on IndiJobAlert.com. Our Current Affairs June 2017 and current affairs today of the IndiJobAlert page covers various sections of business & economy, banking & finance, Indian and International current affairs, persons, defense, environment and many for competitive exams preparing aspirants.