Current Affairs 31st August 2017 (updated)
Current Affairs 31st August 2017 (today). the below are the current affairs of 31st August of this year. For more current affairs on National, International and other current affairs in India stay updated to the current affairs pages in the Indi job alert. Current affairs today, GK today.
For more Current Affairs 31st August 2017 and Quizzes for the preparation of SBI PO & Clerk, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, RBI, Railways, Postal and other Competitive Exams. More Current affairs of June 2017, for competitive exams by experts, are available on IndiJobAlert.com. current affairs today Our Current Affairs June 2017 of the IndiJobAlert page covers various current affairs today sections of business & economy, banking & finance, Indian and International affairs, persons, defense, environment and many for competitive exams preparing aspirants.
Latest current affairs today
31st August 2017
- Delhi Police launches YUVA a skill development program.
- Jammu and Kashmir gets Rs 200 crore funds under AMRUT mission
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi threw open to traffic Rajasthan’s first six-lane cable stayed (CS) bridge in Kota via video conferencing from Udaipur
- Karnataka to merge health schemes, launch ‘Arogya Bhagya
- Government to hold pan-India handloom, handicraft camps
- Gobindobhog rice gets geographical indication status
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj will travel to Colombo to participate in the two-day Indian Ocean Conference to be held from August 31 in which Sri Lankan prime minister and president are among key speakers. Foundation, a Delhi-based think tank, will host the IOC 2017 in collaboration with RSIS, Singapore, and NIFS, Colombo–both research and study centres–and the theme of the conference is peace, progress and prosperity
- The International Atomic Energy Agency, the U.N. global nuclear watchdog, opened a uranium bank in Kazakhstan, a $150-million facility designed to discourage new nations from enriching the nuclear fuel.
- United Nation observed International Day against Nuclear Tests on August 29
- Prime minister Narendra Modi to Attend 9th BRICS Summit in China
- After Kalpana Chawla, Jalseen Kaur Josan becomes 2nd Indian woman to fly for NASA’s Mars Mission
Banking and Business
- NTPC signs Rs 3,000 crore term loan agreement with ICICI Bank
Sports and Entertainment
- Indian boxer Gaurav Bidhuri assured India its first medal at the World Boxing Championships 2017 after defeating Tunisia’s Bilel Mhamdi to enter the semifinals of the 56kg event.
- Japanese table tennis player Tomokazu Harimoto, aged 14 years and 61 days, defeated 36-year-old German Timo Boll in the Czech Open final to become the youngest winner of an ITTF men’s singles tournament.
- Dutch star Lieke Martens has been named UEFA Women’s Player of the Year for the 2016/17 season
- NRDC, the technology transfer and commercialisation arm of the Ministry of Science & Technology, has won two accolades. It has won the Assocham Services Excellence Award 2017 and its Chairman and Managing Director, H Purushotham, an international recognition.
For more Current Affairs 31st August 2017 and Quizzes and current affairs India, current affairs of 2017, current affairs pdf download for the preparation of SBI PO & Clerk, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, RBI, Railways, Postal and other Competitive Exams. More current affairs today, Current affairs of June 2017, for competitive exams by experts, are available on IndiJobAlert.com. Our Current Affairs June 2017 and current affairs today of the IndiJobAlert page covers various sections of business & economy, banking & finance, Indian and International current affairs, persons, defense, environment and many for competitive exams preparing aspirants.