Current Affairs 9th August 2017 (updated)
Current Affairs 9th August 2017 (today). the below are the current affairs of 9th August of this year. For more current affairs on National, International and other current affairs in India stay updated to the current affairs pages in the Indi job alert. Current affairs today, GK today.
For more Current Affairs 9th August 2017 and Quizzes for the preparation of SBI PO & Clerk, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, RBI, Railways, Postal and other Competitive Exams. More Current affairs of June 2017, for competitive exams by experts, are available on IndiJobAlert.com. current affairs today Our Current Affairs June 2017 of the IndiJobAlert page covers various current affairs today sections of business & economy, banking & finance, Indian and International affairs, persons, defence, environment and many for competitive exams preparing aspirants.
Latest current affairs today
- Justice Dipak Misra has been appointed as the 45th Chief Justice of India. He was nominated by present CJI JS Khehar last month.
- Govt is planning to install a 24X7 seamless virtual fence with sensors along the India-Pakistan border to curb infiltration bid.
- Centre has launched Swachh Survekshan Gramin to encourage states and districts to improve sanitation coverage and solid liquid waste management.
- General Insurance Corp. of India has filed draft red herring prospectus for its initial public offering.
- Health & wellness startup CureFit has signed actor Hrithik Roshan as the brand ambassador for 5 years at Rs100 crore.
- 2030 Water Resources Group will help Maharashtra Govt raise $270mn from Green Climate Fund
- British Indian actor Dev Patel has been selected for the prestigious Asia Game Changer award in recognition of him using celebrity to place a spotlight on India’s poor.
- Centre has decided to observe this Independence Day as ‘Sankalp Parva’ and asked the people to dedicate themselves to social causes
- Dawn of cruise tourism in India’ inaugurated in Mumbai
- Maharashtra state to raise $270 m from Green Climate Fund
- Foreign ministers of Southeast Asia & China have adopted a negotiating framework for a code of conduct in the South China Sea.
- Maria Sharapova has accepted an invitation to make her seventh appearance at the China Open in Beijing.
- India and Iran call for early operationalisation of Chabahar Port
- Iran signs its biggest-ever car deal with France’s Renault
Banking and Business
- Axis Bank has cut savings account interest rate by 50 bps to 3.5% on balances of up to Rs. 50 lakh.
- Market regulator Securities & Exchange Board of India has directed stock exchanges to initiate action against 331 firms that it suspects are shell companies & are listed on bourses.
- Amazon India has said it signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Telangana Department of Handloom and Textiles.
Sports and Entertainment
- Usain Bolt was beaten by Justin Gatlin in 100m final
- India’s Ravindra Jadeja edged out Bangladesh’s Shakib Al Hasan to become top-ranked Test all-rounder as per the latest ICC rankings.
- Omar McLeod of Jamaica won the 110m Hurdles final at the London 2017 IAAF World Championships in London.
- Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh released a book on the popular author titled ‘Khushwant Singh: In Wisdom and in Jest’.
- Centre has declared entire Assam as a “disturbed” area under controversial Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act for 1 more month.
For more Current Affairs 9th August 2017 and Quizzes and current affairs India, current affairs of 2017, current affairs pdf download for the preparation of SBI PO & Clerk, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, RBI, Railways, Postal and other Competitive Exams. More current affairs today, Current affairs of June 2017, for competitive exams by experts, are available on IndiJobAlert.com. Our Current Affairs June 2017 and current affairs today of the IndiJobAlert page covers various sections of business & economy, banking & finance, Indian and International current affairs, persons, defence, environment and many for competitive exams preparing aspirants.