Current Affairs 9th March 2018 (today’s current affairs updated)
Current Affairs 9th March 2018 (today’s current affairs). The below are the current affairs of 9th March of this year. For more current affairs on National, International and other current affairs in India stay updated to the current affairs pages in the Indi job alert. Current affairs today, GK today. 9th March 2018 current affairs.
For more Current Affairs 9th March 2018 and Quizzes for the preparation of SBI PO & Clerk, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, RBI, Railways, Postal and other Competitive Exams. More Current affairs of March 2018 or competitive exams by experts, are available on IndiJobAlert.com. current affairs today Our Current Affairs March 2018 of the IndiJobAlert page covers various current affairs today sections of business & economy, banking & finance, Indian and International affairs, persons, defence, environment and many for competitive exams.
Current Affairs 9th March 2018
Latest current affairs today (Current Affairs 9th March 2018)
9th March 2018 (Today’s current affairs)
Click here – to watch current affairs overview video of February 2018
- Mumbai ranks 47 on the “city wealth index” of 314 global cities in the Knight Frank Wealth Report 2018.
- India is all set to host 25 heads of state or governments on March 11 at the inaugural International Solar Alliance (ISA) Summit which will provide a platform for the country to display soft power.
- Diu has become the first and only Union Territory to be fully solar energy efficient.
- The Supreme Court of India allowed passive euthanasia after citing that persons have right to die with dignity.
- The Karnataka Chief Minister unveiled the State flag (nada dhwaja) for Karnataka.
- In an effort to make India a global hub for arbitration, the government will set up an Arbitration Council that will grade institutions that offer alternative dispute resolution mechanism for commercial disputes.
- “I-METROS”, an association of all Indian Metro Rail companies was launched by Cabinet Secretary.
- The nominations for the Women Transforming India Awards were opened during the launch of the Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) at NITI Aayog.
- On the occasion of International Women’s Day, President Ram Nath Kovind conferred Nari Shakti Puraskars to 30 eminent women and 9 distinguished Institutions in recognition of their service towards society and women’s empowerment.
- The government is planning to develop a “freight village” in Varanasi.
- The government announced the launch of ‘Suvidha’, the 100% Oxo-biodegradable Sanitary Napkin, under the Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP).
- The four-day biennial event ‘WINGS INDIA 2018′, jointly organized by Ministry of Civil Aviation and Airport Authority of India and FICCI took off in Hyderabad.
- The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) launched Udyam Sakhi Portal for women entrepreneurs of India on the occasion of International Women’s Day.
- The flights were cancelled after the second winter storm in less than a week, named Winter Storm Quinn, struck northeastern US states.
- The countries agreed on a proposal to release each other’s mentally challenged, women and elderly prisoners.
- Balkrishna Doshiis being honoured with the Pritzker Architecture Prize, the Nobel equivalent for the field.
Get daily current affairs and stock GK like the list of presidents, great leaders of India, state election commission and much more from IndiJobAlert anytime, subscribe to indijobalert for our daily newsletters.
Be updated with us daily for new daily updates.
Banking and Business
- European Investment Bank (EIB) will be signing a new loan for large and small clean energy projects all over India.
- Direct tax collections have risen 19.5% to Rs. 7.44 lakh crore in the April-February period of the current fiscal.
Sports and Entertainment
- Ayyasamy Dharun broke the men’s 400m hurdles national record and in the process grabbed a Commonwealth Games ticket on the concluding day of the 22nd Federation Cup National Senior Championships.
- Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II recognised Srishti Bakshi from India as the 26th Commonwealth Point of Light in honour of her exceptional service to empowering women in India.
- A novel species of a bacterium that produces antibiotic has been discovered by a professor at the University of Hyderabad (UoH) and his researchers.
For questions and feedbacks comment in the Comment Box below
For more Current Affairs current affairs 9th March 2018 (today’s current affairs) and Quizzes and current affairs India, current affairs of 2018, current affairs pdf download for the preparation of SBI PO & Clerk, UPSC, RRB, IBPS, RBI, Railways, Postal and other Competitive Exams. More current affairs today like current affairs 9th March 2018, Current affairs of March 2018, for competitive exams by experts, are available on IndiJobAlert.com. Our Current Affairs June 2018 and current affairs today of the IndiJobAlert page covers various sections of business & economy, banking & finance, Indian and International current affairs, persons, defence, environment and many for competitive exams preparing aspirants. IndiJobAlert comes up with daily GK current affairs, GK questions and answers, and general knowledge questions and answers for competitive exams. Our Daily current affairs include updates on national and International affairs.
Other Daily Current Affairs
Current affairs January 2018 video